Saturday, January 2, 2010

Christmas and New Years Catch up!

Our little Leyah has been sick, so I haven't had a chance to update! We have had some really fun family times!

SuNdAy BeFoRe ChRiStMaS - Sunday, December 19th

We haven't had a chance yet to get family pictures done. This Sunday some of the people at church were taking family photos for the church directory! We thought it was perfect time t0 put on our Christmas outfits and snap a photo! The girls are wearing matching dresses my dad bought them for Christmas!

We haven't gotten the picture of all of us together yet but here are a few others we took!





This is my favorite picture EVER! She is such a daddy's girl!


She was yawning...but still cute :o)


ChRiStMaS FaMiLy DaY - Wednesday, December 23rd

We had family coming in and out so much and were so busy with a new little one, that we hadn't had time to take a family day!

So, A sweet parent at Brandon's school gave us an Olive Garden gift certificate and we used that to go out to eat!






Of course Evie had fun eating her pasta alfredo! And then we colored some :o)


Evie and I coloring! I Love that little girl!!


The BEST husband and father EVER!! Feeding little Leyah before he eats!

That was our special day!

ChRiStMaS DaY!

We had the pleasure of Brandon's dad sharing Christmas and New Years with us! He doesn't get to visit often so it was a special time!

This was Evie's first Christmas opening gifts and my first Christmas cooking dinner. We kept everything simple to eliminate stress and to really enjoy being together as a family. It also helped us better keep our thoughts on what Christmas was all about! We enjoyed starting a few traditions of our own!

Evie opening her presents...



Evie was SO excited about her new little reading chair! She loves it! But still needs a little help getting in and out of it :o)

Mrs. Potato Head! A classic...




Playing the awesome Elefun game!!


Playing legos with Grandpa!
Dinner....
This was the first time I cooked a holiday meal! I am not the best cook so I was nervous but it turned out wonderfully and full of flavor! I made pot roast with carrots, green bean casserole, and mashed potatoes!

Cooking and looking fabulous! NOT! Like I said...we just took it easy which means no makeup or doing your hair apparently! LOL!


I got to use my Christmas set for the first time! (I got those candlesticks at Goodwill! I know..I get everything there! :o)

The pot roast after being seared and ready to cook!




My handsome hubby cutting the pot roast getting it ready to eat!




Yummy! All done!

That was our Christmas time!

Hope yours was full of family and love!

1 comment:

  1. Such fun. Glad you all had a fabulous Holiday Season. You look fabulous without hair and makeup done. I absolutely love your hair that way. Emma has the same pjs that Evie has on.

    ReplyDelete